Preparing for your No Lice Left Behind visit? Play it safe and review our checklist first.
Before Your Arrival
• Wash your child’s hair the night before; it is important to bring them in with dry hair. Please do not apply gel or hairspray prior to your arrival, as it makes the technician’s job more difficult.
• Brush or comb your or your child’s hair free of tangles before arriving.
• While we make every effort to consider your child’s comfort and have available entertainment, consider bringing their favorite book or toy, as they will be sitting for an extended period of time.
• While we offer in-salon snacks, consider bringing your own choice of snack.
• We strongly encourage you to bring all family members along to be checked. This helps minimize the odds of re-infestation and ensures your school that you have done your part in identifying other potential contact issues within the home.
• Do not stress over the house-cleaning; we will guide you through safe and effective means of cleaning necessary items, after your treatment process has been completed.
During Your Visit:
• When bringing young children - PLEASE keep them under supervision. For the comfort of all clients - small children (under 5) are not to be left in the waiting room without the care of their parent or responsible party. Also, for the safety of all- please do not allow them to be laying or playing around the treatment area while technicians are working.
• Schedule rechecks with receptionist for the next week. It is mandatory that you follow through with your follow-up visit as it’s the only way we can uphold our guarantee and help you to ensure that no further contact has occurred.
• Educate yourself while in our facility - take advantage of this time to learn more about head lice. We have plenty of reading material including a sample copy of our LICE ADVICE book and we are always willing to answer any questions you might have. Education is the best way to help prevent future re-occurrences!
After Your Visit
• Change sheets on any bed the infested person might have slept in, in the last 24 hours. Wash and Dry in HOT temperatures or throw in the hamper.
• If you lay on Comforters or bedspreads, they can be removed from the bed for 24 hours or thrown into the dryer for 30 to 45 minutes on high heat.
• Combs, brushes, & hair ties used only in the last 24 hours can be cleaned by any of the following methods:
a. Place in alcohol, ammonia or dish detergent and allow them to soak for a minimum of two hours
b. put into a pot of boiling water for 10 to 15 minutes
c. put in a Ziploc bag and place in the freezer overnight
d. place in your dishwasher on a hot cycle
e. or simply don’t use them for 24 hours
• Run a light Vacuum on areas where child frequently sits or lays - including floors, furniture, auto, and other upholstered items. In the absence of a vacuum you may use a lint remover brush on sofa, etc, or throw a sheet over the item for 24 hours.
• If your child sleeps with a stuffed animal or blanket - be sure and throw them in the hot dryer for at least 30 minutes or place in a closed trash-bag for 24 hours.
• Provide child with clean pajamas and bath towel.